The Code Enforcement Office responds to concerns from citizens that affect the quality of life within the city such as zoning, overgrown lots or yards, in-operative vehicles, maintenance of structures, illegal signs and public nuisances. Systematic inspections are also performed throughout the city to ensure properties are in compliance with city code.
Code Enforcement Officer
1040 Harley-Davidson Way
Ph: (605) 347-4422, ext 3
Ph: (605) 490-4029
Fx: (605) 347-4861
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sturgis is a vibrant and growing community of nearly 7,000 progressive citizens located at the entrance to the Beautiful Black Hills. It is the mission of the Code Enforcement Office and the Community Development Department to work in partnership with the people of Sturgis to maintain a safe and desirable living and working environment. We will help maintain or improve the quality of your community in three ways:
1. We will administer a fair and unbiased enforcement program to correct violations of
municipal codes and land use requirements.
2. We will work with residents, neighborhood association, public service agencies and
other City departments to:
a. Empower community self-help programs
b. Develop public outreach programs
c. Establish community priorities for the enforcement program
3. We will initiate special programs targeted toward specific problems in Sturgis.
These programs include:
· General Code Enforcement Program
· Vacant and/or Neglected lots
· Private Property Vehicle Abatement
· Signs, including signs in the public right-of-way, failure to have required permits
· In-operable vehicles on private property
· Blight on private and public properties (Old furniture, car parts, appliances, etc.)
To submit a complaint, log-in to the Citizenserve web portal. Once logged in, you can make an anonymous complaint. The portal allows us to communicate with you anonymously so we can get additional information and/or follow-up as appropriate.