Improving Sturgis One Building at a Time
First impressions are important, especially when driving in a downtown business district. The City of Sturgis has launched a Facade Improvement Program for property owners within the Downtown BID District. This program provides loans for those who want to make improvements to existing store fronts.
The maximum loan amount is $25,000 or 200% of the assessed property valuation, whichever is less. Collateral is a 10 year fully amortized mortgage placed on the property by the City.
To apply, log in to the CitizenServe
Attachments must include:
- Proof of current year paid property taxes
- Estimate for proposed improvements
- Current photos of the building (digital)
- Renderings depicting proposed improvements (in color)
- Color and material samples
If you have questions about this program, please contact the City Manager's Office at 605-347-4422.