The City of Sturgis Sanitation Department provides curbside sanitation service to residences and businesses within Sturgis. If you are a new resident or have questions about your garbage service, please call the Public Works Office at (605) 347-3916.
to view the sanitation and recycling rates for 2016.
- The totes are for household trash only. ALL TRASH MUST BE BAGGED AND SECURED, AND TOTES MUST BE KEPT CLOSED. Do NOT overfill your tote.
- Please have your tote out by 7am on your scheduled pick-up day. Sanitation Schedule
- If you need an extra pick-up prior to your scheduled pick-up day, the cost is $10 per pick-up.
- When you put out your tote, please be sure to keep it at least three (3) feet from any object, such as a mailbox, parked vehicles, etc.
- Please report missing or damaged* totes to the Public Works Office at 347-3916. The totes will be repaired or replaced at no extra cost.
*Damaged totes must be within the confines of normal wear and tear. You will be responsible of the costs of tote replacement if tote is destroyed by means of intentional misuse or negligence.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE EXAMPLES OF WHAT MAY NOT THROWN AWAY IN YOUR TOTE**:
| HOT ASHES
| UNUSED PAINT
|HOUSEHOLD FURNITURE (CARPET, TABLES, CHAIRS, ETC)
**Televisions and computer peripherals MAY be thrown away in your tote.
These totes are for household trash only. Please call for a curbside pick-up for these items for a fee or take authorized items to the Rubble Site.
For further information on how to get the most of your service, please check out our page for Excess Waste Options.
The City hauls its trash to the Belle Fourche Landfill and pays dumping fees of $50.18 per ton. If everyone would refrain from placing unauthorized materials in your tote we will save money for YOU, the taxpayer.