Excess Waste Options
Please help us provide the safest and most efficient service possible. Below you will find some options and tips on how to avoid violations.
Excess Waste Options:
1) After container is emptied, refill and call for second pick up (extra fees may be applied).
2) Look across the street. If those containers have not been emptied, the truck will be coming back from the other direction. Refill the can and move it to the other side of the street and it will be picked up free of charge.
3) If you will be having company for an extended period, you can call and ask for a second container for the duration of the visit (extra fees may be applied).
4) Be sure and break down all empty cardboard boxes. Flattened boxes will take up less space.
5) RECYCLE. The City provides two recycling centers that are open 24/7; one at Exit 32 and another at the Public Works Office. There you can discard all your old newsprint, plastic, glass, tin, aluminum and cardboard.
Please do not place extra bags, boxes or other refuse within 3 feet of your container. Without that clearance the driver is forced to get in and out of the truck to move the excess to be able to dump the container. This is very inconvenient as well as a safety issue for the drivers.
TIPS: Recycling can help reduce the amount of garbage in your container as well as help the environment.
RECYCLABLE ITEMS ARE:
Glass & Plastic
Thank you for your help in keeping Sturgis clean and safe!