City of Sturgis
Go To Search
Forms and Applications
Special Events
Special Event Alcoholic Beverage Application.  This application must be submitted to the Finance Office at least four weeks prior to the event to allow adequate time for public hearings.

Claim Form - General
If you have suffered loss or damage to personal property and you want to file a claim for reimbursement with the City, please download a claim form and return it to the Finance Office at Sturgis City Hall along with all photos and other supporting documentation.  Address: Sturgis City Hall, Finance Office, 1040 Harley-Davidson Way, Suite #103, Sturgis SD 57785.  For additional information please call Lisa Katzenstein in the Risk Management Office at City Hall 605-347-4422, extension 4.  

All claims are handled through the City's insurance provider, not individuals or elected officials.

Information Request
The Finance Office is the official document control center for the City. 

If you are in need of information related to contracts, agreements, Council information or any other new or archived information, please make your request using this Information Request Form.  After you have the form filled out you can deliver it to the Finance Office in person, via U.S. Mail, Fax or e-mail. The fax# is 605-347-4861   E-mail: .  If you have questions about how to get information using this form, please call 605-347-4422.

More current information may be posted on this website.  We encourage you to do a search using the search box on the home page before you make a written request.

State Statute regarding raffles
Raffle Application  This application must be turned in to the City Finance Office at least 30 days prior to the start of the raffle for City Council approval.
Checklist  This information will assist you with the raffle approval process.
Reporting - after raffle information requirements

Request to be on the City Council Agenda
Citizen's Request to be Placed on the City Council Agenda.  This must be turned in to the City Finance Office by 4:00 on the Monday of the week prior to the Council Meeting.  (7 days before the meeting).

Use of City Right of Way
If you would like to request the closing of a public street for a special event you must submit an application to the Rally & Events Department.  Application

This application must be submitted at least four weeks prior to the event to allow adequate time for public hearings.  Contact the Rally & Events Department at 720-0800 for assistance with scheduling a special event. 

For use of Park Shelters, call the Finance Office at 347-4422 or visit the Parks Department webpage.

 To reserve a meeting room at he Community Center or the Auditorium call the Community Center directly at 347-6513 to check availability.

Meeting room information.

contact us
City of Sturgis,1040 Harley-Davidson Way, Sturgis, SD, 57785 • Ph: (605) 347-4422 • 

Handicapped IconIn accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, sex, familial status, sexual orientation, and reprisal. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.)