Welcome to the Sturgis Hometown Market Page!
The City is hosting a Hometown Market to showcase local vendors, crafters, and producers.
For 2021/2022 we will be in a new location at 1123 Main Street. This facility is large enough to accommodate all our vendors in one place.
2021/2022 We will be open from November 5 until July 3rd. Vendors may choose which months they want to participate. Rental fees are based on a sliding scale, and all rental fees must be paid prior to moving in. See pricing information below.
Booth vendors are NOT required to be present during Market hours. There will be one central point of sale, and a City employee will man this point of sale.
- Hours of operation - The Market will be open Fridays from 4 until 7 PM. Saturdays open 10 AM until 6 PM, and Sundays open Noon until 4 PM. The market may be open additional days when special events are taking place in the downtown area. Vendors will need to restock during normal open hours. Visit the Market Schedule link for the full schedule.
- Set up will take place on Thursday, November 4, from 2 PM until 6 PM. The market will open on November 5 and last-minute stocking can be finished at that time.
- Rental Fees: For the months of November & Decenter only, rent will be $100 per month. Rental commitments for November - March will be $50 per month with one-month free (= $200 for these five months). All seven months will have a rental fee of $30 per month with one month free for a total of $180 for the entire seven months. Rental fees and the monthly commitment must be made before a booth assignment is made. There are no refunds on booth rental fees.
- The City will provide one 8' table per booth area, and chairs are not provided.
- Electricity is provided. You will need your own extension cord.
- A South Dakota Sales Tax Number is not required to sell at this market. The State Dept. of Revenue requires all vendors to file and pay sales tax on all sales. The City will provide the appropriate sales tax forms each month for the purpose of filing and paying these taxes. For specific questions related to SD Sales Tax requirements, call the Department of Revenue at 394-2332. Reference the Pricing and Sales Tax Information link for details about pricing, tagging, and taxes.
Please read the following documents before submitting your application. Procedures and Rules.pdf Pricing and Sales Tax Information.pdf 2021 Market Schedule.pdf
To apply for a vending booth space, please submit an online application. You will be contacted once your application has been reviewed. All fees must be paid before a booth is assigned.
For questions, please contact Tammy at City Hall by calling (605) 347-4422, ext 207 or Christina (605)347-1331.
Follow our Facebook page to stay updated on Market happenings!